|Date Posted||February 26, 2017|
Powell Brewery is growing, and we’re looking to add another Full Time Sales Representative to help sell our award winning beers in the Vancouver Lower Mainland and surrounding areas. If you have at least 2 years experience as a sales rep in the craft brewing industry and have a strong desire for developing and growing one of Vancouver’s smaller breweries then this position might be for you.
As a Sales Representative you will be responsible for the promotion and sales of draught and packaged product to both on premise and retail accounts. The successful candidate will grow sales volumes, open new accounts, maintain existing relationships, while being available to work events across BC. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with the ability to work effectively on his or her own. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is extremely goal-oriented and driven, who is willing to learn and grow in the craft beer industry. Lastly and most importantly, you must have a serious passion for craft beer. The following are aspects of the job but limited to.
• Increase market share in the lower mainland and surrounding areas.
• Pursue new sales and build outstanding relationships with existing accounts.
• Continually visit accounts while prospecting new one’s.
• Manage individual time and activities to maximize sales.
• Develop expert beer knowledge and understanding of Powell Brewery's product line.
• Conduct promotions on a regular basis, including, but not limited to, tastings and staff education.
• Source and participate in a variety of special events.
• Accurately report activities and account information to management.
• Develop and maintain targeted sales plans on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
• Track all activities via CRM software
• Plan and administer budgets, develop business case proposals and execution
• Participate in weekly sales meetings
• Min.2 years experience in craft beer sales
• Easy going with a happy disposition
• Must be a team player
• Post-Secondary education in business
• Knowledge & passion for craft beer and the craft beer industry
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Strong customer service skill
• Demonstrated ability in negotiation and professional selling
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Proficiency in MS Office and Apple Technology
• Highly motivated to achieve goals and targets
• Excellent listener, ability to retain information and follow directions
• Experience in the food and beverage industry
• SIR certificate
• Must have a BC driver’s license with proof of a clean abstract
If you have the above noted qualifications reply with your cover letter and resume. The cover letter should include a brief history of your experience in the craft beer industry, a lot about your passion for it and your current top three craft beers and why.
We thank all applicants in advance for your submissions, however only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation: TBD based upon experience - Base Salary plus commission