|Date Posted||October 10, 2017|
Purpose of Role:
Manage a team of On Premise Specialists who are responsible for driving brand and business initiatives in target accounts delivering programs for retail accounts, bar staff and consumers.
The Field Manager will be responsible for performance of the On Premise team with their assigned territory. The overall program objective is to increase awareness and drive consumer trial in the On-Premise for the core brands.
Through the direction of the Division Director and Inspira Agency, the FM is held accountable for executing localized programming that is targeted toward the profile consumer and aligns with the field objectives. FMs will be tasked with thinking creativity, within the framework of a program, to extend and amplify the campaign execution. Additionally, the ideal manager will be able to assemble a staff of committed, brand educated, On Premise Specialists to execute the year long programming in an effort to engage consumers with the core Diageo brands.
- Management of Activation within Assigned Territory. Hire, Train & Manage team of 3 Promotional Specialists and ensure the OPS’s are hitting performance metrics
- Program Oversight. Plan, track and measure KPI data for all Specialists within the territory. Report feedback to Division Director.
- Brand & Category Education and Training. Attend brand training and understand all core Diageo brands at the "consumer event" level through promotional assets, whether the events are at on/off premise accounts or other type of venue. Be able to fill in for an On Premise Specialist if required.
- Point of Sale Management. As a part of program execution, the OPS’s will receive POS allocations. It will be your responsibility to coordinate the distribution and ensure the teams are leveraging both consumer & account POS.
- Cultivate Brand Opportunities. As a local market expert, seek out opportunities within the markets to feature our promotional resources and partner with the Diageo portfolio.
- Travel and Work Withs. Travel within the assigned territory to work with OPS’s to visit accounts and engage with consumers, and trade.
- Field Marketing Relationships. Communicate regularly with local distributors and Diageo field sales team to reports market highlights and share key learnings.
- Social Media. Working knowledge of relevant social media channels. Assists the OPS’ with their brand activities through social media and monitors the postings via tools provided.
- Insights. Source for consumer/channel/competitive insights – feeds local/regional market intelligence up through the organization. Participates with the Brand/Regional environmental analysis and collaborates with Diageo territory/brand teams to develop innovative programs and ideas.
What we are we looking for in you:
- College Degree with focus on Communications, Marketing, Business
- 4 - 5 years of business or agency experience, preferably in the spirits/wine/beer industry
- Experience in leading, coaching and developing field teams
- Distributor or Broker experience is a plus
- Expert working knowledge of P & L and budget management
- Knowledge of liquor regulations, rules, market trends and competition is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persuasive selling and negotiation skills are required to develop and maintain strong relationships
We will provide you with best in-class training, mentoring and support to ensure your success. You bring your knowledge, passion, drive and desire to win — we’ll make sure you have the rest!
This full-time role offers a competitive salary plus a bonus, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including company-paid medical, dental, vision, and PTO.
Inspira Marketing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.